Are you a Fledgling Fat Fighter or a Fitness Authority? Take our Thintelligence test and see! Following is a list of fitness facts and falsehoods. Can you tell which statements are true and which ones are false?
See below for answers.
- Aerobics burn more calories than weight training.
- The elliptical trainer is the best health club machine for burning calories.
- Moderate walking 30 minutes a day does little to get rid of fat.
- Taking rapid, short baby steps is the best way to lose fat on a stair climber.
- Dousing your food with red pepper can help curb your appetite.
- Eating a salad as the first course can cut the total caloric intake of a meal.
- Running increases the risk of arthritis.
- It’s best to stretch before your warm-up exercise.
- False. Research shows that aerobics and weight training burn the same amount of…