Are you a Fitness Phenom or a Fledgling Fitness Fanatic? Take the test and see! Following is a list of fitness facts and falsehoods. Can you tell which statements are true and which ones are false? See below for answers.
- In addition to building strong bones, calcium also helps burn fat.
- Intense exercise increases the appetite while moderate exercise decreases the urge to eat.
- A basic principle of weight training is to work small muscle groups first, then move up to large muscle groups.
- Weight training burns calories during and after exercise.
- A common side effect of weight training is chubby calves.
- A diet including whole grain foods promotes fat storage that will make you look bloated.
- One benefit of Pilates is improved posture.
- To maintain weight loss, the USDA recommends 60 to 90 minutes of exercise daily.