Cravings can get in the way of your healthy diet, making it harder to reach your goals when you give in to temptations. But we’ve all been there! Luckily, there are steps you can take to help eliminate those cravings. Here are nine tips for dealing with your urge to overindulge.
• Eat regularly. Don’t skip breakfast, morning snack, lunch, evening snack and dinner.
• Avoid your triggers. “You crave what you eat, so if you switch what you’re eating, you can weaken your old cravings and strengthen new ones,” says Marcia Pelchat, PhD, of the Monell Center. Try to eat healthy foods like lean protein, fruits, nuts.
• Avoid stress. When you are stressed you usually have more cravings.
• Sleep enough and if you can, take a nap. You have more cravings when you’re tired.
• Brush your teeth after meals. “When you have a fresh, clean mouth, you don’t want…